Last updated on August 28th, 2020 at 12:57 pm
Last Updated on August 28, 2020 Posted by Colonial Acres Coins
In January, as we rang in the new year, no one could have anticipated the crazy ups and downs of 2020. From the Australian fires to the pandemic and all the swings in between, 2020 is shaping up to be an unforgettable year. If you’re looking for a gift to lift the spirits by commemorating a special event, a coin set from the Royal Canadian Mint can be just the thing.
2020 Baby 6-Coin Gift Card Set
Getting a baby a long-lasting gift celebrates the birth in a memorable way. Our 6-coin gift card set includes uncirculated Canadian coins, including a $2, $1, 25¢, 10¢ and 5¢. The $1 coin is a specially struck coin that is only available in this set. Years from now, the child will have a memento from his/her year of birth that is unmatched.
2020 Birthday 6-Coin Gift Card Set
Birthday celebrations in 2020 have been curtailed because of social distancing. If you want to commemorate a special birthday year, this 6-coin card set can be just what you’re looking for. It’s a lasting gift that will help any Sweet 16, new adult of 21 or over-the-hill 50-year-old remember the year when we had to wear face masks and gloves just to see family.
2020 Wedding 6-Coin Gift Card Set
Of all the celebrations that have been cancelled, postponed or severely reduced, weddings have to be the biggest parties that were affected by the coronavirus. Give the couple a distinctive keepsake of this 6-coin gift card set that commemorates their special day and reminds them of the special year that made getting married a unique situation.
Why Coin Collecting Is a Great Hobby
These gift sets are wonderful additions to anyone’s portfolio, whether they collect coins or not. These gifts could be the start of a fun hobby called numismatics. Coin collecting is probably one of the oldest pastimes in the world. Although many people associate coin collecting with nerds or geeks, numismatics offers many benefits.
- Coins don’t lose value: Coin collecting is a hobby in which you may actually make money. Coins don’t lose face value, but many coins may gain in value due to metal prices or rarity.
- Coins have beauty: Some coins are simply inherently amazing. The artwork on coins is stunning alone, but when printed on metal, the artwork shines.
- Coins are educational: A person can learn a lot from collecting coins. The United States recently printed state quarters that related to different aspects of each state. As people collected the quarters, they learned about history, nature and politics.
- Searching for coins can be challenging: As a person gets immersed in collecting, there’s an excitement of looking for a particular coin. It can be like a modern-day treasure hunt.
- Coins have precious metal content: Some coins, especially from many years past, were made of valuable metals, which contributes to the value of the coin. Today’s coins are minted from less valuable metals today, but in the future, who knows whether society will continue to use coins in trade. Modern coins could become extinct over the next century, making them even more valuable. Investing in coins is a plan for the future.
2020 has caused many people to stop and remember to take care of themselves. Self-care isn’t about a one-week vacation every six months or so; it’s about day-to-day considerations. Coin collecting is a hobby that can relieve stress by allowing you to focus on something besides work and the news headlines.
Commemorate 2020 With Coins
Learn more about coin collecting and find other sets that can start an interest in coin collecting at Colonial Acres Coins.