Last updated on June 26th, 2020 at 02:43 am
Last Updated on June 26, 2020 Posted by Colonial Acres Coins
It is often said that a coin collection is incomplete without at least one specimen of a Canadian Silver Dollar. The Royal Canadian Mint is no stranger to crafting repeated examples of this coin, each time with a new and interesting twist. This time the Mint has truly outdone itself. The first in a brand new series of coins, the 2018 Canada $50 Nature’s Light Show – Stormy Night Fine Silver coin stands proudly as a pioneer of a coin series meant to showcase what the Mint can achieve. Here’s everything you need to know about this remarkable coin.
The Coin’s Design
It is no secret that animals are much more astute and in-tune with our natural surroundings than humans. Equally captivating and fearsome to interested onlookers, the wrath of the skies on a dark and stormy night is truly a sight to behold. The concave coin, designed to glow in the dark, provides a scene of curious fox cubs lurking from a tunnel-shaped habitat underground while experiencing a rare storm-viewing experience. Crafted from 99.99% pure silver and with a limited mintage of just 1,500 coins worldwide, this unique specimen has a face value of $50, a 60-mm diameter, a serrated edge and finish proof.
What Kind of Special Features Are Present on This Coin?
- Worldwide mintage of only 1,500 specimens – a majestic addition to any collection, this coin represents visual storytelling that has rarely been seen before.
- Exquisite presentation – arriving in a black box containing a red lacquered case, this coin is guaranteed to appeal to both nature and animal-lovers alike.
- Glow in the dark – a second viewing experience is available thanks to the use of photoluminescent technology, in addition to the colour and engraved underground view.
- Brought to life by the colouring – selective colouring that brings the fox cubs to life and then extends into the sky really brings the design to life.
- A one-of-a-kind look at the fury of nature – the concave reverse of the coin serves a special purpose and provides a more immersive viewing experience by re-creating the actual view from within the cubs’ den. There is much more to this coin than just its unique shape.
- The pioneer of a brand new series – Offering a storm-viewing experience from deep inside the homes of several Canadian wildlife species, this is the first in a brand new series of coins named Nature’s Light Show, each of which is a concave-shaped, glow in the dark coin specimen.
Interested in Adding More Unique Coin Pieces to Your Collection? Check Out Colonial Acres Coins
Colonial Acres Coins has been in the numismatic business for more than twenty years and has amassed an incredible collection in that time. This fact alone makes them the premium resource for rare and interesting coin piece, starting with the Canadian silver dollar and over to pretty much any coin you can imagine. Additionally, Colonial is also home to a professional and expert team of numismatists who don’t mind going out of their way to provide valuable information about all things coin-related. Head down to Colonial Acres today and ensure your collection benefits in the process.