It goes without saying that most people have heard of the iconic Royal Canadian Mounted Police. They are renowned for their distinctive image and outstanding policing skills. The RCMP is deeply ingrained in the Canadian culture, and in 2023, they will be celebrating an incredible 150 years of service.
To mark this special occasion, the Royal Canadian Mint has released a commemorative coin like no other. This $50 coin is a stunning combination of six different RCMP coins, making it a true masterpiece that pays homage to the rich traditions of the RCMP. Want to know more about the story behind this extraordinary coin and why it deserves a place in your collection? Keep reading!
$50 Curated Coin Collection: RCMP Ultra High Relief Fine Silver
The RCMP was officially formed in 1920 when the Royal North-West Mounted Police and the Dominion Police combined forces, but they count the establishment of the RNWMP in 1873 as their anniversary. They are considered Canada’s national police service, but the officers do much more than simply enforce the law. They work hard to prevent crime and investigate offences.
An RCMP collectible coin is a fantastic way to honour their service to Canada and to recognize their hard work for all Canadians.
Here is some more background information about the different past designs featured on this 2023 coin.
- In the top left of the coin, you will see the 1973 Canadian silver dollar coin which recognized the 100th Anniversary of the founding of the North West Mounted Police in 1873, which later became the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
- In the middle, you will find the classic portrait of a Mountie sitting on a horse carrying a banner, which was featured on the 1973 uncirculated 25-cent piece.
- In 1998, the Mint issued a 125th-anniversary silver dollar commemorative coin. This coin features a mounted officer in the original 1900s uniform, sitting on a horse.
- The year 2020 was the 100th anniversary of the creation of Canada’s National Police Force and the Royal Canadian Mint released a $5 Moments to Hold coin that celebrated this event.
- Another coin featured here is the 2013 O Canada Series $10 coin. Designed by Canadian artist Janet Griffin-Scott, it features an RCMP officer riding horseback and honours their service and rich history.
- Lastly, included on this coin is the 50-cent (1/25 oz.) pure gold coin released in 2010 that shows the pride of the RCMP officer while sitting on top of his horse.
A Modern RCMP Coin Celebrates Its History and Service
As we celebrate the 150th anniversary of the RCMP’s remarkable legacy of service, let us remain mindful of their dedication to our safety and sovereignty. The physical tokens we have produced in their honour will be a reminder to future generations about the courage and commitment that exists within this organization.
When you buy from Colonial Acres Coins, you’ll own precious pieces of history that could even increase in value over time.
Don’t wait; now is your opportunity to own something special that commemorates the unique stories, tales, and history of Canada. Take your collection to new heights – check out Colonial Acres Coins’ products today!