Last updated on April 6th, 2021 at 01:51 am
Last Updated on April 6, 2021 Posted by Colonial Acres Coins
If you’re looking to add something regal to your coin collection, the Royal Anniversary Platinum 4-Coin Set is just the item you need. In celebration of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and HRH The Duke of Edinburgh’s 70th anniversary, these platinum coins make a beautiful addition to any collection.
The Royal Anniversary Platinum 4-Coin Set commemorating the 70th wedding anniversary of the royal couple is made up of four coins: 300 dollars, 150 dollars, 75 dollars and 30 dollars. Each obverse side features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II designed by Susanna Blunt. Each reverse side contains the Canadian maple leaf, as designed by Marie-Elaine Cusson. In addition to the maple leaf, the 300 dollar coin contains the number 70 in celebration of their marriage, as well as the distinctive royal monograms of both the Queen and Prince Philip.
The platinum coins are all also double dated to highlight the 70-year anniversary, displaying both 1947 and 2017. They are 99.95% pure platinum. Each coin set is encapsulated in a beautiful wooden case, branded with the Royal Canadian Mint logo.
Why Platinum Is a Quality Addition
When adding to your coin collection, you might automatically turn to gold or silver, but the Royal Anniversary platinum coins hold their own high value. Why add platinum coins to your collection?
- The Rarity – Platinum is a very rare metal when you compare it with other precious metals. It is difficult to extract from the earth, expensive to refine, yet resistant to corrosion. What makes this set more rare is there are only 600 minted sets in existence throughout the world.
- The Demand – Platinum is a popular metal with high demand. Having the coin set is going to give you an advantage in the world of coin collecting.
- The Investment – If you use coin collecting as an investment strategy, a platinum set is a great investment. Platinum makes great profits, and paired with the design of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the value will only go up with time.
Fun Facts About the Royal Couple’s Love Story
To really make this coin set have more meaning, you may want to learn about the royal couple’s 70 years together. Some fun facts are:
- Prince Philip and Queen Elizabeth first met when Elizabeth was 8 years old and Philip was 14, attending the wedding of their relatives.
- Elizabeth and Philip are third cousins!
- When the Queen was 13 years old, she and Philip met again. She noted later that she fell in love with him at that moment.
- Prince Philip recalls Princess Elizabeth being so shy, he couldn’t get a word out of her when they first met.
- When Philip and Elizabeth got engaged to be married, she didn’t tell her parents. When her father found out, he asked them to wait until she was 21 years old before making the announcement.
- Prince Philip had a way with words, writing the Queen many love letters throughout the years.
- Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip raised four children.
- Her Majesty has no hesitation in letting the world know how supportive Prince Philip has been in her many duties, and how much strength he gives her to continue on.
Get Your Coin Set Today
With so few Royal Anniversary Platinum 4-Coin Sets minted and available worldwide, you’ll need to get to work right away at securing yours. Whether you’re particularly interested in the monarchy, have a special affinity for the royal couple and their love story, or are hoping to add value to your coin collection with platinum, this is a set you don’t want to miss. Contact Colonial Acres Coins today or visit our site and let’s add this lovely set to your collection.